Thursday, August 29, 2013

{Party Feature Thursday} How To Make Fairy Bread

Good morning! When I received this submission in my inbox, I knew right away that I wanted to feature this ASAP. I mean, who doesn't want to learn how to make something called Fairy Bread? Very few ingredients and a simple recipe make this a must have for your next party.

Submitted by Tali of A Party Studio. Here's what she had to say...



"For the last few years I’ve made fairy bread at each of my children’s birthday party and every year at least one person asks me, “what is fairy bread and how do you make it?” 

Fairy bread is commonly served at children’s parties in Australia and New Zealand. There’s even a Facebook page devoted to this fun party food! 

Believe it or not, fairy bread is the EASIEST (and probably cheapest) party food. Basically, it is white bread that you’ve spread with butter or margarine and then topped with sprinkles. I like to use a cookie cutter to make the fairy bread into fun shapes and the kids love it. It truly is super easy but if you feel that you need step by step instructions, here you go: 

1. spread a slice of white bread with butter or margarine

2. place cookie cutter in the center of the bread

3. top with sprinkles such as hundreds and thousands (nonpareils) 

4. press down the cookie cutter and you may need to use a knife to cut around the edges, too

5. lift the cookie cutter 

6. et voila! Pretty fairy bread… ready to place on your platter"
 
Fairy Bread Recipe Submission by A Party Studio
Photos by Danielle Helms of All Things Great and Small Photography









 

No comments:

Post a Comment